Table of Contents
Nowadays, it is mandatory for all businesses and startups to have their own mobile apps to stay in the mix. That is the reason businesses or startups without mobile apps are looking to hire a mobile app developer. That is where the confusion begins so we have compiled this definitive guide to help you hire a mobile app developer.
The Age Of Mobile Apps
But before we do that, let’s see why mobile apps are so important in present times.
- It was 10th July 2008 when Apple launched its App Store. There were about 500 mobile apps available then. Thanks to the hard work of iOS app development companies, the App Store now houses more than 2 million mobile apps.
- Google chose to launch its Play Store on October 22, 2008. There were only a few mobile apps in the Play Store at that time. At present, Play Store is the world’s largest mobile app store, having over 2.6 million mobile apps because of hardworking Android app development companies.
- Amazon launched its AppStore on September 28, 2011. It had only 4000 mobile apps then. At present, it has nearly half a million mobile apps.
These figures are ample proof to present the case to hire a mobile app developer. They have proven that mobile app development is mandatory for the growth of any business or startup. All the technology pundits and analysts have also come to the same conclusion. That is the reason we have compiled this definitive guide so that you can hire a mobile app developer worth your project and money.
Define Your Project
Before you start the process to hire a mobile app developer, note down a few things about your company and project because that will be very useful in the process of making a decision.
- To begin with, have a look at the profile of your company. You must be very clear about what your company is and for what purpose you want to hire a mobile app developer. The company may have 3 reasons to hire a mobile app developer:
- Advertising and improving the brand of the company
- Matching the competitors
- Taking the business in a new direction
- You must define what you want to deliver through the mobile app development for your company. Improvisation of ideas is possible only when the basics are decided. The mobile app also must include the USP, as in Unique Selling Point, of your company.
- The choice of platform is also an essential part in the process of decision-making when you want to hire a mobile app developer. If you want to target iPhone users, you must hire an iOS developer. If you want to target the mass, you must hire an Android developer. But, if you want to target all the smartphone users, you must hire a cross-platform mobile app developer. You can hire Flutter app developer as well as React Native app developer. Hire a web developer when there is a prospect of a website.
- You must also consider the budget and timeline for the mobile app development project. Both of them play very vital roles when you want to hire a mobile app developer.
Hire A Mobile App Developer Considering These 5 Points
After defining your project, look for the following 5 points to hire a mobile app developer.
1. Interested Developer
When you want to hire a mobile app developer, make sure that he is interested not only in your project but also in your business. A good mobile app development company or mobile app developer will most certainly not agree with everything you say or demand. ‘Yes Boss’ is not the culture they come from. They always invite healthy arguments and that’s what leads them to better ideas. So, they will argue with you whether you like it or not. But they will give you a lot of creative inputs. That’s why they should be interested in your business, not in your project alone.
2. Portfolio Of Mobile App Developer
Before you hire a mobile app developer, check his portfolio. The portfolio will clearly display what is good in him but indirectly it will also point out what he cannot do. So you will have a clear indication of whether you should go forward or not. By and by, also check out the clients mentioned in the portfolio. Talk to them or contact them, if possible. 8 out of 10 times, you will replicate their experience because only 20 percent of mobile app developers update and change themselves on a regular basis. In addition, the portfolio will also reveal the designing capacity and UI/UX expertise level of the developer or company. Sometimes, Android app development companies also bid for iOS development but when you dig deeper into their portfolio, you will surely spot it.
3. Retained Clientele
The portfolio will also reveal the retained clientele of that mobile app developer or mobile app development company. Check how many of them are retained clients. Retail clientele means that this developer or mobile app development company has satisfied the client with their work. So you can expect the same from them. They are also good for long term relationship and professional approach to the work.
4. Check Value, Not The Price
When you want to hire a mobile app developer, don’t let the price tag attract you more than value. Please remember, good things never come cheap. Meeting the budget for your project is really important but you have to consider the value you can derive from that budget. Consider this point when you want to hire a mobile app developer.
5. Whole Package
The last thing you should consider when you want to hire a mobile app developer is the whole package he has to offer. Coding alone won’t be good enough. You should also consider the UI and UX, graphics and functionality as well. Because, end of the day, users will only see the complete package, not individual components.
In The End
Mobile app development and web development is one of the key requirements of the modern world, especially for businesses and startups. You must have an app to grow your business and a good mobile app development company means half of your job is already done.
iCoderz Solutions is a full stack mobile app development company with equal expertise in web development. Our experienced teams of iOS app development and expert teams of Android app development have delivered more than 400 mobile apps altogether. Web development teams have complimented them with 100+ websites. Our clientele is spread across the globe and as high as 300 with a high retention ratio. Check our reviews on GoodFirms and Clutch to believe what we have to say and what we can offer. Contact us to know more, have a quote and your project up and running in a blink!