Table of Contents
- What things need to be considered before starting an online grocery app like bigbasket?
- What should be the strategy?
- Features for Online Grocery Store
- How Much Does It Cost To Develop An app like Instacart or Bigbasket?
Approx 50% of individuals aged between 25-30 buy groceries online.
It can be profitable to start a small grocery business, particularly when you are well informed of the competition around you.
More than 35 percent of Smartphone users, according to recent statistics, are looking online to fulfil their daily eating needs. With incremental stress factors contributing to the inevitable exhaustion and fatigue in individuals, it does not appear to be a useful idea to stand in long lines to obtain their comestible needs. Therefore, brick and mortar stores are giving way to grocery apps tailoring to the needs of individuals at their doorstep.
Nonetheless, through adopting Grocery Mobile App Development, many established retail owners have recognized this cultural shift and are, therefore, inclined towards online services. Consequently, it is advisable to cut your share of the cake before this booming market hits its saturation point, and we at ICODERZ will support you precisely for that reason.
What things need to be considered before starting an online grocery app like bigbasket?
IDENTIFY THE TARGET MARKET
- Analyze the latest market trends
- Plan your business as per the trend module
EVALUATE AND DECIDE THE AREA OF OPERATION
- Deciding the region of business is the most critical aspect. Choose wisely.
- Once the business starts to grow, expand yourself.
- Try to stay close to the city for easy, hassle-free delivery.
BRING YOUR BUSINESS IN THE EYES OF LAW
- Register your business.
- Fulfil all GST compliances.
- Get a business bank account
SET UP PROMPT DELIVERY SYSTEM
- Set up a fast delivery system
- Set same day delivery
ROBUST PLANNING MODULE
- Provide a secure and robust delivery module.
- Introduce the feature of tracking for customers.4
PICK POPULAR WEBSITE
- Choose cross-platform grocery app
- Apps should run on both iOS and Android
- Choose a popular website for business
What should be the strategy?
Your strategy to run an online grocery store should be reliable and robust at the same time. You should keep a track on:
- 24*7 customer support
- Easy loading
- User friendly interface
- Push notifications
- Referral points
- Loyalty Rewards
- Social Media Promotion
- Search Engine Optimization
Features for Online Grocery Store
Knowing the company’s needs and adopting the right business model will help you set up your start-up online. Your website, however, will allow you to connect, communicate with consumers, and transform them into loyal customers. Therefore, your website must be quick to load, easy to use, mobile-friendly, and have unique features:
1. ORDER HISTORY
Many times people take home the same food items. Keeping this everyday consumer activity in mind, you must provide your customers with the alternative to save the order to their profile that they can reorder, rather than adding items to the cart repeatedly.
2. SHOPPING CART
Shopping at the grocery store is often a family activity where different members may have different demands. It would, therefore, be very reasonable to provide features that allow users to share their shopping basket with other active users so they can add additional items and deliver them all in one order.
3. DISCOUNT COUPONS
Sending discount coupons to make the most of seasonal sales is a common practice among companies these days. It is, therefore, critical that your online grocery app has the features to receive and process these discount coupons.
Offers such as first delivery free of charge or discount to customers inviting their friends to buy from you are becoming a widespread online business practice. You not only inspire customers to buy more from you but also help you keep down the cost of obtaining customers.
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An app like Instacart or Bigbasket?
The cost to develop a grocery delivery app depends on your business model, choice of platform, number of apps, inclusion or exclusion of web development and required features. Like any other business, mobile app development companies also work using different revenue models.
The cost of developing a Mobile grocery app can be assessed with the help of three factors–
- The intricacy of the app,
- The number of dedicated platforms required by the app, and
- The selected country.
The reason for this comes with their budget ratios in different countries. The rough figures are:
-U.S. based developers: – $50 to $260 per hour
-U.K based developers: – $30 to $150 per hour
-India established developers: – $10 to $80 per hour
For forming a reasonable app, with the limited features and android coding, the cost in India can be determined based on the following bifurcation of involved activities.
- Technological documentation -$500 to $2000
- UI/UX design- $1000 to $2500
- Front-end and Back-end development- $8,000 to $ 20,000
- QA and testing- $1000 to $4000
So, considering all overhead costs, a regular grocery delivery app can require up to $10,000 to $35,000 for a single platform (either iOS or Android).
Please note all these figures are rough and estimated. The original cost may vary depending on the features you wish to add in your online grocery application.
Nonetheless, you will need to share all other available information for an accurate quote. ICODERZ is a well-known Mobile App Development Company that offers professional services to create mobile apps. Our App Developers professional team performs in-depth research and analysis to satisfy your needs and expectations. We build personalized applications that are efficient and scalable for any android device by accessing a wide range of tools and technologies.
Shopper and Vendor Module Application Features
For learning shopper and vendor module app feature, read this blog:
Housing all of the above features in your online grocery store is a challenge that will take a great deal of time, effort, and investment. Building your grocery store with a technology solution that offers most of these features by default and allows you to add unique features easily is the best approach to address this challenge.
ICODERZ has readymade solutions for On-Demand Grocery Delivery App that our dedicated developers can customize within a few days to meet your business and brand requirements. You can also hire a mobile app developer or an entire team on flexible terms that will work exclusively on your project. Get in touch with us to have a demo, more information, and a quote now.
Visit our sister company DeOnDe for more on-demand app development.
Recommended For You
- Flutter Cross-Platform App Development: Wings For Start-Ups, Entrepreneurs & Businesses
- Best On Demand Food Delivery Apps Development And Solutions
- How to build on-demand grocery delivery app for today’s tech-savvy
- Want to Make Your Own Taxi Booking App like Uber?
- Benefits of Outsourcing Mobile App Development
- How To Choose An Efficient Mobile App Development Company?